Hi! I wasn’t tagged to do this, but I felt like doing one, so here I am. 😉
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Umm… If I’m being honest, instead of choosing a book from my TBR, I usually add a book I want to read next. Heh… Heh…
But, if I had to choose, then I would just look through the list, find titles I’m interested in (I’ve got so many books that I normally forget what the majority of the books are about), look at the synopses, then pick a book. Or I just base it on my mood.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Depends on the book. Sometimes I quit, sometimes I go on. If I’m not liking a book, I either skim through a section and find a place I’m interested in reading and continue from there, or skip to the end (usually if I skip to the end I’m most likely not going to finish the book).
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
This is my first year participating in the reading challenge, so I haven’t had any past experiences like that. If I had to say though, I think I would try as hard as possible to catch up, but I wouldn’t beat myself up if I didn’t complete it. I would just be very disappointed in myself. Very. Very. Disappointed.
4. The cover of a series you love do not match. How do you cope?
Umm… I don’t really cope, as much as become annoyed at the publishing company for changing the cover but ultimately do nothing because honestly, what company would actually read an email complaining about the cover change and do something about it?
I would just read the book, enjoy the content, and try not to look at the cover.
Of course, many would say they could just buy the entire series with the new covers, but there was one problem with the Across the Universe trilogy. The covers were beautiful for the first two books, then they changed the cover of the third book, but I liked the original covers much, much better. I was quite disappointed with the cover change.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Mm… Anyone I can find, really. I do try to listen to others’ opinions though. It’s always fascinating to hear about the other side.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I try really hard to suck in the tears, but if I can’t hold them in, then I just cry and let people judge. 😭
Or, you know, I just look up to see people staring at me and just laugh and point at myself and laugh some more to cover it up. 😂
7. A sequel to a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you reread the book?
Sometimes I’ll reread the first book, sometimes I won’t. It really depends on my mood. Just like Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. I felt like rereading it, so I did. Then I picked up the second book.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. Borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people “nope” when they ask?
I usually recommend finding it at the library. If it’s not at our local library, then it’s most likely at libraries near us. The person can definitely find it.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I stop reading for a small period of time, then find a quick read to get back into the groove of things. This usually works. Usually. Or sometimes I just give up and pick up a book when I feel like it again.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I pick the one I want to read the most (or I pick the one I think I’ll most likely read next), buy that, hesitate a bit because I really want to buy the other books too, and ultimately buy that one book and then check out the other books from the library.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Usually they sit there fore a while. Unless I really, really, really want to read the book. Then I would pick it up. But I’ll get to them eventually. Eventually. *whistles innocently*
If you want to do this tag, then I tag you! 🙂
Thanks for reading! 👋