What better way to get the motivation to read than to remember the beginnings of our reading careers?
Here is a list of books or series that I adored when I was younger. Honestly, I am contemplating picking them up again because they’ll be incredibly quick reads and I know I’ll enjoy them. It’ll be another trip down memory lane…
- Let’s go way back, shall we? Does anyone remember the Magic Tree House series with Jack and Annie? I was obsessed with that series in elementary school. Those were the books I hoarded in my book cubby.
- Junie B. Jones. Another series I adored in elementary school. I’m pretty sure my favorite was the one about the big, smelly, yellow bus. Ah, the memories…
- The Chronicles of Narnia. Specifically, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Gosh, I wished I could actually walk into a wardrobe and end up in another world. Every child’s dream.
- A Wrinkle in Time. I just remember there being so many theories on the time travel that occurred…
- Charlotte’s Web. Who could forget the lovable piggy, Wilbur?
- The Trumpet of the Swan. Ah, E.B. White’s books were the best. Louis is a mute trumpeter swan that can actually play the trumpet. 🎺
- Ella Enchanted. It is an interesting, fun story where Ella is forced to be obedient because of a “gift” (curse) bestowed upon her by a ridiculous fairy, but also tells a story relating to feminism.
- Bridge to Terabithia. I bet every child wants a magical kingdom to rule over (I actually came up with a magical kingdom of my own at some point, but it only existed in my head). Speaking of, isn’t the 40th Anniversary edition of the cover gorgeous?
What were your favorite childhood reads?